Crushers Baseball recognizes the seriousness of this situation and wants to reassure our members that we are committed to the health and safety of our players, parents, coaches and volunteers. We held a video conference Board Meeting to discuss the situation, timing and go forward plans. Crushers Baseball is EXPECTING to have s BASEBALL/SOFTBALL season of some sort – it will be starting a bit later than usual (in MAY) and may be shortened/lengthened to make it all work out
- STAY SAFE & HEALTHY – please follow necessary steps as described by AHS and other authorities…its in ALL of our best interests to endure this self isolation
- SANCTIONED events (officially organized) have been shut down until at least April 30th. Indoor facilities are closed to public. If it is nice out, grab your gloves and go play catch, ride a bike, go for a run, do something to stay active and well…. just not in large groups…bounce a tennis ball off the garage door…
- 3. Please…for those on teamsnap, please ensure you have updated your contact info (it is a great way to communicate) and FOLLOW CRUSHERS Baseball on social media (yourself, kids etc…) for updates and information
- 4. We get it.(we are all parents too…)..it is tough to get used to the new “normal” – with kids at home and inside, snow on the ground and a new “routine”
– we will do our best to post some BASEBALL/SOFTBALL related content on our social media pages to get our kids engaged and more active so they are not “bored with nothing to do” with some links /videos/activities/challenges
– physical training or workouts (little to no equipment)
– some easy to do drills (inside/outside or in a garage) until the snow disappears
– or some links to some videos or other related activities
– maybe some contests or video challenges
If you have something that you think we could share or would like to see please contact Corey firstname.lastname@example.org, Chris @ email@example.com or Jodie firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and get it posted
Please remember the following to keep yourself and others safe and healthy- To minimize the spread of any virus Alberta Health Services recommends the following:
- Make sure everyone in your household washes their hands with soap and water often. (Alcohol-based sanitizers are an alternative).
- Stay at home if you feel unwell or are sick. If your children are sick, keep them home from school.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- NO sharing of waterbottles.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze and wash your hands immediately.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are used often and shared by everyone in your home. Spray gear with disinfectant spray.
Crushers Baseball would again reiterate that this is a very fluid event and subject to changes in approach as new information becomes available.
For more information..